TrainMyAI stores its information in two places on your server – a MySQL/MariaDB database and a regular Linux directory. An effective backup must contain both sets of information.
The database and data directory were created during the initial installation of TrainMyAI. They are set in the
config.ini file in the
trainmyai directory, in the
[database] section and
data_directory line respectively.
It is possible to migrate the TrainMyAI database to a different server or move the TrainMyAI data directory. However, in order to prevent data corruption, this requires your TrainMyAI site to be temporarily taken down.
Below are the steps required to perform a safe migration:
site_offline = onin the
config.inifile in the
trainmyaidirectory and save changes.
- Visit your TrainMyAI site to confirm that a maintenance message is shown.
- Wait at least 1 minute to allow any asynchronous processes (initiated by cron) to complete.
- Move the database (e.g. using
mysqldump) and/or data directory as required.
- Make the required changes to
config.inito reflect the changes performed.
site_offline = offin
config.iniand save changes.
- Visit your TrainMyAI site to confirm that everything is working normally.
An administrator for a TrainMyAI site can reset the password for any other user in the web interface. If you have forgotten the password for all admin users, follow these steps for recovery:
sign_up = onin the
config.inifile in the
- Sign up as a new user in the TrainMyAI web interface, with a temporary username such as
- Back in
rescue_adminto this username, e.g.
rescue_admin = recoveryand save changes. This will give the new user full admin privileges.
- Refresh the TrainMyAI web page, and the 'Manage' menu should appear.
- Choose 'Users' from the 'Manage' menu and click to reset the real administrator's password.
- Log out as the temporary user and log in as the real administrator using this new password.
- Choose 'Users' from the 'Manage' menu and delete the temporary user.
config.ini, change the edited line back to the
rescue_admin =and save changes.
If you encounter any problems with TrainMyAI, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.